Thursday, December 31, 2009

Changes are Afoot

As you few remaining readers know, I was laid off over the summer, making it twice that I've been victimized by this recession. Well, I'm still laid off, six months later. In that period of time, I've had a whopping TWO interviews, but no offers yet. It has been, as they say, depressing. I've not been motivated to go to the beach, to play poker, to blog, to hit the gym, pretty much to do anything. But dammit, I'm tired of the depression. It sucks ass, and I've had enough. Besides, what better time than the start of a new year to make some serious changes to things?

So, there will be changes. I'm going to try to get back to playing more poker. Granted, the bankroll is pretty much in the toilet, so I may be stuck with some freerolls for a bit, but I want to shake off the cobwebs and get back into it. I want to get back into the exercise groove. Hell, I've got the damn time...I may as well make some use of it! Which leads me to my next change. Not only do I want to get back into the blogging groove, but I have to recognize that there probably isn't enough going on in my life to justify maintaining two active blogs. So I'll be putting What Happened To Me on hiatus, and adding the exercise/weight loss posts here for a while. Why the hell not? After all, it IS called The Randomness of Hoff for a reason. As my life's direction takes whatever course God and the Fates have in store for me, I may separate the two again, or I might not. For now, though, anything of interest concerning The Hoff will be found right here, starting tomorrow.

So good riddance 2009. You sucked. GTFO. But however your 2009 may have gone, may 2010 be even better! For me, that shouldn't be too hard!

4 comments:

23skidoo said...

Happy New Year Hoff, good luck. in '10

smokkee said...

best of luck in 2010.

kipper said...

keep your head up

vijaysaw said...

Best of luck dear

Play Poker